If you think of black decor as dark and depressing, we’re here to change your mind! The country home decor universe is full of charming black accents and accessories that add depth and contrast to the decor around it.
The Spruce suggests thinking of a black room as you would a little black dress: “It’s a great foundation but you need accessories to give it life. Plan your room as you would an outfit. And HGTV says decorating with black is authoritative and dramatic.
But don’t be intimidated! Black decor is actually a really easy color to coordinate– you can easily mix and match prints to make a bold statement without overwhelming the eye.
Tips for decorating with black:
- Use an accent piece to add contrast.
- Iron accents can add a sense of ruggedness.
- Black accents to contrast with, and soften the impact of brighter colors.
- Many people think of black as a modern decor color, but the color can work just as well in a cozy, country cabin as a metropolitan townhouse.
- Mix it with cream and earth tones for a cozier look, or with bright florals to liven things up.
Try these country black decor items:
Richman black window treatments paired with Carrington black quilted bedding.
Buffalo plaid has country charm no matter what shade. If you’re looking for some of those creamy earth tones to coordinate with black accents, this is a delightful option.
Black star accents are one of our favorite ways to add country charm. For the kitchen: Star Vine and Country Star ceramics offer a clean, simple look that looks at home in any farmhouse kitchen.
For anywhere in the house: it doesn’t get more country than metal barn stars. (Other colors available too!)
We love to hear from you! What are your favorite black accent pieces and how do incorporate dark colors into your decor?