There are few things more satisfying for a home decor enthusiast than doing a makeover. The good news is that you can do this without breaking the bank, and finish in time for your holiday visitors. Here are six steps for a quick and easy guest-room makeover.
1. Choose a theme. We’re probably all guilty of bringing home a fun impulse buy that doesn’t really go with anything, so we stash it in the guest room and pretty soon we have a disorderly mix of country, modern, vintage and…what’s that? We find that first choosing a bedding set, and then decorating around that theme is easier than doing it the other way around.
2. De-clutter! Often subtracting, rather than adding, can breathe new life into an old room. Save the items you cherish and donate the rest to charity.
4. Repurpose and rearrange. You don’t have to buy all new furniture to make a room look new. Sometimes just moving things around will give the room a whole new personality.
5. Deck the windows! Coordinating window treatments can help emphasize your central theme. Most of our bedding and decor sets come with a variety of country curtains to complete the look.
6. Take a step back. You may want to shut the door to that guest room for a few days and then return with a fresh perspective. Would that lamp look better on the dresser than the nightstand? Would a braided rug tie the whole thing together?
Bonus step: Don’t forget the guest bathroom! The same rules apply here. Do you want to carry over your theme into the bathroom decor, or choose completely different colors and patterns?
What tips would you add to this list? Do you have guests coming to visit for the holidays?
Save instantly with a BEDDING BUNDLE! Buy a VHC Quilt and 3 additional VHC bedding items and receive a 10% instant discount!