We’re back today with some of our favorite country fall decor tips, and – spoiler alert – not all of them include ornamental gourds. (Although we do love us some ornamental gourds!) If you’re looking for ideas to make your home cozy and ‘harvesty’ (is that a word?) for the Fall, you’ve come to the right place!
Create a cozy sleeping space or reading nook. Bonus points for incorporating autumn shades like rust, gold, brown, orange and red.
- Put a throw blanket on it. Our Lemon Pepper and Ninepatch Star patterns include some lovely autumnal tones and add the warmth everyone craves on a chilly fall night. You also can’t go wrong with a classic cable knit.
- Pillows, lots of pillows! Our Kettle Grove collection has TEN styles of pillows, cases and shams for you to cuddle up in. They also look great tossed into a recliner or rocking chair.
- Rugs to warm up those chilly floors. Our wool braided rugs are high quality, soft, and they are known to withstand the most brutal of New England winters…and they look good doing it!
Fun with Fall florals
Whether you’re into burlap, stars, or mixed berries, a floral wreath with fall tones can be the perfect accent for your front door or fireplace mantle.
- Pip berry garland with rusty stars
- Country mix twig and pip wreath with stars
- Mixed berry with burlap wreaths
DIY a harvesty centerpiece (there’s that word ‘harvesty’ again!)
Can we talk about florals some more? Because they make great centerpieces too. A berry taper candle ring in burgundy or cream, coupled with an ivory, burgundy or mustard primitive drip candle will look right at home next to your decorative gourds and faux maple leaves.
- Small berry picks with stars (they look great in Mason jars!)
- Fall candle sleeve
Add fall shades to your kitchen
- Dark accent colors like caramel, gold, rust, and orange. (Or if your kitchen already features a lot of dark shades, white pumpkins are all the rage!)
- Fall kitchen accessories like potholders and dish towels
Create a comfy dining space
Consider adding some comfy cushions or chair pads to your dining space, and our Sawmill ceramic dinnerware coordinates nicely with many of our harvest table linens.
Don’t forget the front porch!
- Chrysanthemums! Look for deals at your local farmer’s market or apple orchard. (Anderson Orchard in Mooresville, Indiana has big beautiful mums for about $10 less than than those you’ll find at the local grocery store.) Also: wheat, sunflowers, fountain grass! Throw in some aster and dianthus for a contrasting splash of red and purple.
- Pallet signs. If you don’t have a cri-cut machine, we’ve got you covered.
- Pinterest, as always, has some great inspiration for perfectly curated fall arrangements. Check out our Fall/Thanksgiving Pinterest board for more of them!
What are your essential country fall decor items?
More of our blog posts on country Fall decor:
It’s beginning to look a lot like autumn
Our 10 most adored Halloween accessories
One thought on “Country fall decor tips for cozy places and festive spaces”